Simona is a professional Italian teacher with 9 years of work experience. She has taught Italian to immigrant adults for the CGIL (Italian Trade Union) and to foreign young people in public schools in Italy. She has been working in London as an Italian teacher for the past 3 years and gained further experience in environments such as classroom teaching, One to One private tuition, Business Italian, and more specific topics such as art and regional cuisine. She graduated in Literature and Philosophy and holds a degree in Oriental Languages and Cultures. She also holds a qualification in the Italian Language Teaching from the University of Bergamo. Simona Speaks Italian, English, French and Kiswahili.
“Teaching is a creative job and this is why I enjoy it so much. It is very important to me to prepare my lessons carefully, so that they are interesting, dynamic, fun and of course tailored to the needs of each of my students. I like to use a variety of teaching materials such as books in Italian, Italian songs, games and videos. I like to prepare my own material and exercises and I love to invent fun and entertaining role-play games. I always make sure students feel confident about their skills and their ability to speak Italian.”
- MA in Oriental languages and cultures, (Faculty of Literature and Philosophy, University of Naples, Italy)
Additional professional qualifications:
- Italian for Foreigners, University of Bergamo (postgradual degree diploma, equivalent to DITALS)
- Teaching Italian to immigrants: theories and methodologies in depth aspects
- Teaching Italian to immigrants: fundamentals
- Various courses and seminars on teaching Italian to foreign students and on Inclusion