Violeta has extensive experience in tutoring Spanish to English speakers and has helped numerous students succeed in using their Spanish language skills; she is especially adept in preparing students for exams, travelling and finding work. She is available for one-to-one and two-to-one lessons to ensure fully personalised and high quality tuition.
As a philologist, she feels very passionate about languages; she is fluent in English and Spanish, her mother tongue, has intermediate French and is now starting with Arabic. She is extremely dedicated to teaching and particularly keen on passing on her passion for langauges to her students and helping them to achieve their goals. Her constant involvement with music has developed her creativity, something very present in her lessons.
”Whenever possible, I encourage my students to take initiative in their own language acquisition process and to become independent learners. I see language learning as a journey to a new place; at the beginning you need some guidance, but at some point you’re going to be left alone and need to have resources to keep learning on your own. And this is something I like to help with.”
- MMus Ethnomusicology (School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London)
- BA English Philologist (University of Oviedo, Spain)
- BA Music (Conservatory of Asturias, Spain)
Additional language awards and professional qualifications:
- Certificate in Language Teaching to Adults (CLTA, Spanish specific), Cervantes Institute, London
- English Language, IELTS Band 8 (University of Glasgow)
- Scottish Literature (University of Glasgow)
- Interpreting and Translation Skills, Sp-En/En-Sp (University of Glasgow)
Get in touch with us to enquire about Violeta’s availability to teach.